Right in the heart of Madison.... Congrats to the new owner of 4321 Windflower who closed on this wonderful little cottage on Friday!
Content Provided by OhSimple.com. Thousands of years ago, people discovered a product which had the potential to change many lives – Vinegar. It was an instant hit and quickly became used by the Babylonians, Romans and Greek as a preservative. Some, like the Chinese, believed that vinegar could improve vitality and strength. It also had healing properties.
Acetic Acid the magic ingredient in vinegar is one of the most popular and oldest products in the market. Many different kinds of vinegar are produced, however, white vinegar is considered to be the most versatile, affordable and useful.
White vinegar has numerous household applications, is eco-friendly, making it popular with those avoiding harsh or toxic cleaning chemicals and such substances around their children and pets.
It does not irritate allergies like other fragranced cleansers. White vinegar can be used for many other tasks around the home and in the kitchen. Below are some of them.
Kitchen Uses of White Vinegar1. If a few tablespoons of white vinegar are added to water while poaching eggs, it can help the whites stay properly formed. You can also add a just few tablespoons of pure white vinegar to water while boiling eggs. This makes sure that even if the shells crack, whites don’t leak out.
2. In case your leafy vegetables are wilted, you can soak them in quite cold water with some white vinegar to perk them up.
3. Once you’ve chopped an onion, it is easy to eliminate the bad odor from the hands by properly rubbing them with some white vinegar.
4. While cooking vegetables like cauliflower and broccoli, you can add some vinegar to water. This will reduce the “gassiness” induced by these vegetables, and perk up the dish’s taste. This can also be effective while cooking beans.
Cleaning Uses of White Vinegar1. You can use white vinegar to deodorize and clean the garbage disposal. It is easy to mix equal parts of baking soda and vinegar to put it down the sink or drain. You should let this mix sit for some minutes, flush out your drain with some warm water, and enjoy a stink-free, clean sink.
2. Steam produced from a bowl of boiling water and vinegar can loosen stubborn food from your dishes. It can also help you get rid of bad odors in your microwave.
3. In order to get rid of fruit flies, you can set a dish of mashed fruit and white vinegar. It should be covered with standard plastic wrap containing small holes for the flies to fall into this trap.
4. In case the stemware is a bit cloudy from your dishwasher, you can wrap the glasses in clean paper towels completely soaked in white vinegar. You should just let them sit for some time. The cloudy deposits will easily rinse off.
5. You don’t have to use any bleach on your tile grouting. You can simply let white vinegar properly soak on it, and just scrub with a basic toothbrush.
6. Dirty or scuffed DVDs can be brought back to life by wiping them with white vinegar and soft cloth.
7. If there are any water condensation or other such marks on the wood, you just have to rub the area with equal parts of vegetable oil and white vinegar.
Cleaning Clothes with White Vinegar1. If your toddler has an accident’ on the mattress, you can clean it with white vinegar and water. Once you’re done, just pour some high quality baking soda on the mattress. You can vacuum or brush the residue.
2. If you spray vinegar on your deodorant-stained shirts, it will be possible to remove the discoloration. Vinegar can also fight off tomato sauce, ketchup or mustard stains.
3. You can add a cup of vinegar to your washing machine to freshen up your clothes. Acetic Acid does not harm your fabrics, but dissolves the cleaning soap’s residue so it does not dull dark clothing. White vinegar can also act as a static reducer, mildew inhibitor and fabric softener.
4. Vinegar can also loosen any chewing gum stuck to your rugs, carpeting and car upholstery.
Outdoor Solutions of White Vinegar1. If your car has a bumper sticker which won’t go away, you can remove it by gently spraying some vinegar to saturate this area. You will be able to peel off the sticker in just a few hours.
2. If you wipe your windshield and car windows with 3:1 vinegar-water mix, you can keep them frost-free during the winter season.
3. It is possible to crabgrass and kill weeds in driveways and sidewalks by pouring some vinegar on them. Equal parts of water and vinegar should be mixed to kill garden slugs.
4. A few small tablespoons of white vinegar can extend the lifespan of your cut flowers. Add vinegar to the vase with a basic teaspoon of sugar.
Pet Protection with White Vinegar1. Undiluted vinegar can be used to wipe itchy ears to keep cats and dogs from scratching them.
2. Cats always avoid vinegar. So, if you want them to stay away from your furniture or sitting areas, you can spray some vinegar solution.
3. When it comes to outdoor areas, you can soak a small sponge in white vinegar and keep it near the entrance to keep cats and some other animals away from your property. You can even spray vinegar in different areas.
4. Vinegar can also help you get rid of bad skunk odor. You should soak the pet with a mix of water and vinegar, and rinse with some fresh water.
As mentioned earlier, vinegar is a very versatile product. It can be used as a deodorizer and disinfectant, and even cleans almost anything. From your sofa cushions to shower curtains, you can use vinegar to clean anything and keep it fresh.